Monday, July 1, 2013

June 15, 2013

Hello!
I got the presents. It was outside our door when we came back for zone conference. Thanks for everything, especially the sketchbook and the pictures.
I don't think I've emailed JJ, I don't know what his email is, but if he sends me one, or you give me his email address I'll send some. Anyone else who wants emails should send me theirs as well.  I don't hear from many other than you two and Drew.  I would love to get letters or emails from others.
It was a fun week. We had zone conference on Tuesday and were in London on Monday so we couldn't work in our area until Wednesday. Then we blitzed our area with the Zone Leaders and went on exchanges the next day. We were able to teach a lot of really great lessons. The only problem is nobody is finding any new investigators. We've started applying the 'teach when you find' principle, but that weeds out the unprepared fast and nobody has accepted a return appointment yet.
Zone Conference was awesome though. We talked about how to work with the Ward Council more and also a lot about how the church is organized. President Scott said he's not sure why he felt we needed to learn about that, and I don't quite know either, but I'm sure I'll be able to use it later on. It was also fun to see so many other missionaries and to hear their stories.
Dad, what was the best way you found new investigators? Our members here always tell us they don't know anyone and the people we're finding won't accept any return appointments or come to church. I don't know what we're doing wrong.
Love,
Elder B. Warner

No comments:

Post a Comment