Saturday, May 11, 2013

April 15, 2013

Hello Everyone! 
The mission field is great! I'm serving in the Windsor North area, or more correctly, the Downtown Windsor. Because we're in downtown Windsor we actually get to use the bus system. Bus Contacting is scary. Tell Mike that Detroit looks great! We can see it from the window of our apartment. Elder Smith is awesome, I'm his third trainee and his second in this area. So far I haven't needed boots, the weather is pretty mild in Windsor. I did need a coat, but on monday when we were interviewed by President Scott I asked about them and he gave me an extra one that somebody left! I'm not sure when I'll get stamps to send packages, but apparently American stamps don't work here? So I'll send you some Canadian stamps whenever I get them. The hardest part of the MTC was getting used to how they teach. A big part of teaching there is by making us do roleplays, which while Drew likes to do, I've never seen the point so it was hard to get used to. Chris sent me an email, but I haven't had the chance to look at it yet. I was actually going to tell you that I thought I had left my smaller SD card at home, I thought it was in my camera and then I had to put the other one in when I started taking pictures. Do you have any camera cords for mine, I didn't think we had any so I didn't bring them, but it'll take a while to fill up this SD card I have. They had a lot of soda at the MTC and you remember those Sobe drinks? They had them too, but they forgot to see whether they had caffiene or not so if we were really tired we grabbed some of those while we were there. Did you know the MTC bookstore does free engraving the First time a missionary brings anything to them? I got my journal and another one I bought there engraved. I didn't know that the Mission President sent the pictures, thats pretty cool! OH! Tell Grandma that everyone loves the Tie Clip :D It's actually started a few conversations, although I don't wear it much because I don't want to lose it.

Love,
Elder Benjamin Warner

No comments:

Post a Comment